Hell is People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horror Movies

+3
mentalsitcom
Fi Skirata
Nexeria
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Horror Movies - Page 2 Empty Re: Horror Movies

Post by mentalsitcom Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 pm

Nodney the Great wrote:I don't "like" any horror movies. They are pretty stupid, at least the recent ones. I get suspense.

Gore is not suspense.

I hear you on that :/ I really dislike any Saw movies for that reason, super boring and not scary at all. It's just like, how gory can we get for shock value?? and there's so many of them!! I guess people must like it then, which surprises me.
mentalsitcom
mentalsitcom
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Megantron Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:47 pm

mentalsitcom wrote:
Nodney the Great wrote:I don't "like" any horror movies. They are pretty stupid, at least the recent ones. I get suspense.

Gore is not suspense.

I hear you on that :/ I really dislike any Saw movies for that reason, super boring and not scary at all. It's just like, how gory can we get for shock value?? and there's so many of them!! I guess people must like it then, which surprises me.

I went through a weird period in my life where I would try and find the goriest films possible (Cannibal Holocaust, August Underground, Serbian Film, etc.) and see if I would be affected by them, but all it did was desensitize me. That being said, I've only ever seen Saw III because apparently that's the only on Syfy channel has rights to.
Megantron
Megantron
Esquire

http://www.hauntingsss.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mentalsitcom Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:52 pm

Megantron wrote:
mentalsitcom wrote:

Gore is not suspense.

I went through a weird period in my life where I would try and find the goriest films possible (Cannibal Holocaust, August Underground, Serbian Film, etc.) and see if I would be affected by them, but all it did was desensitize me. That being said, I've only ever seen Saw III because apparently that's the only on Syfy channel has rights to.

nice! omg that's funny. hey at least you can watch pretty much anything now without even batting an eye. Interesting, kind of odd they would only have rights to one of them. I do see them playing it quite it a bit, now that I think about it..
mentalsitcom
mentalsitcom
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Megantron Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:54 pm

Yeah, I remember distinctly one time in my AP Psych class in high school where we had to watch a documentary on lobotomy and all the girls (even some of the guys) all gasped and looked away from the screen in disgust at the lobotomy scenes... I didn't even see what was so disturbing about it. Still don't.
Megantron
Megantron
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by mentalsitcom Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:09 pm

What a great mental image. that's really funny! omg. I'm kinda with you on that though, anything medical related or just gore-y in general doesn't bother me at all. growing up I had 3 older brothers and my parents let me watch pretty much whatever I wanted. Haha, I think that may have been what happened. plus I just think a lot of that medical stuff is cool in general anyways. what would you say is the goriest movie you've seen?
mentalsitcom
mentalsitcom
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi Skirata Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:09 am

mentalsitcom wrote:
I know right! leave it to the japanese to make something that's a combination of all those things. I don't watch a whole lot of japanese movies, do you know of another pretty good movie with the ghost ladies like that?

The Grudge, Ju-on, and The Ring are really the only major ones I know off the top of my head.

I'd like to go ahead and say that Prometheus was the only movie that had a gory enough scene in it to make me uncomfortable. Having an alien squid baby c-section? Ugh... Still makes me feel squicked out.
Fi Skirata
Fi Skirata
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mentalsitcom Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:08 pm

Mr. Finale wrote:
mentalsitcom wrote:
I know right! leave it to the japanese to make something that's a combination of all those things. I don't watch a whole lot of japanese movies, do you know of another pretty good movie with the ghost ladies like that?

The Grudge, Ju-on, and The Ring are really the only major ones I know off the top of my head.

I'd like to go ahead and say that Prometheus was the only movie that had a gory enough scene in it to make me uncomfortable. Having an alien squid baby c-section? Ugh... Still makes me feel squicked out.
oh I know right, that actually was the first one to pop in my head in terms of bugging me, for whatever reason the scene where the alien creature breaks through the guys helmet and goes down his throat bothered me. it was such a cool movie though, in terms of that kind of stuff. I love the scene(was it the same guy?) where they open the outside hatch thing, and the guy is all..shriveled and bent weird and stood up in an odd way, it was really cool. the c-section scene makes me feel all weird and eguuughh where she got cut!
mentalsitcom
mentalsitcom
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Creepytubbies Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:30 pm

Am I the only one who find those babies alien cute ?. Or I am just weird Very Happy
Creepytubbies
Creepytubbies
Serf

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/creepytubbies

Back to top Go down

Post by mentalsitcom Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:23 pm

Nah, they were pretty cute now that you mention it. Very Happy have you played Half Life? I always thought the headcrabs were so adorable
mentalsitcom
mentalsitcom
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Creepytubbies Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:19 pm

They are deadly, sadly Sad
I wish I could, but I can't find it for some reasons... I know that it is a good game though Smile
Creepytubbies
Creepytubbies
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Creepytubbies Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:58 am

Who played outlast ? I think they should make a movie about it, it would be funny to watch Smile
Creepytubbies
Creepytubbies
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by mentalsitcom Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:01 pm

Oooh I enjoyed outlast, especially playing with another person. it was pretty entertaining! I was just thinking about a movie for it recently, actually. I bet they could cast the voice actor for Trager to play him, he looks a bit similar to him in real life Very Happy have you played the DLC for it?
mentalsitcom
mentalsitcom
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Megantron Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:44 pm

I've been looking for a good horror video game to play. I've only played BioShock (if that counts), a couple zombie games (Last of Us, Dead Rising, nazi zombiesin CoD) and games on PC like Slender and Amnesia. I also have Dead Space downloaded, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Horror games are scarier than movies to me though only because you're controlling what's going on.
Megantron
Megantron
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexeria Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:46 pm

Megantron wrote:I've been looking for a good horror video game to play. I've only played BioShock (if that counts), a couple zombie games (Last of Us, Dead Rising, nazi zombiesin CoD) and games on PC like Slender and Amnesia. I also have Dead Space downloaded, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Horror games are scarier than movies to me though only because you're controlling what's going on.

I'd suggest you play Dead Space as soon as possible. Personally, Dead Space 2 might be my favorite in the series. The third game gets all action-packed, but it's still good just not as scary the first two games.

Last edited by Nexeria on Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Nexeria
Nexeria
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by mentalsitcom Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:08 pm

Bioshock is pretty awesome, as well as all the other ones you mentioned. which ones were your favorites?
I agree, I wish there were more horror games I could play, I don't know of many for the ps4. you should try getting a couple of people together to play it! it makes it super fun that way Smile
mentalsitcom
mentalsitcom
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Creepytubbies Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:53 pm

Bioshock is a very interesting game, Big daddy and the little sisters scared the living crap out of me !
And I agree with you, the fact that you are controlling the character is scarier. I don't mind watching horror movie alone, but when it's about playing a horror game, I'm like "Nope".
Plus, The fact that I have outlast installed (is it right ?) in my computer and I have played only 30 minutes of it shows how scary it is.
(I've been traumatized by Alien on the playstation one when I was a kid.)
So, I watch walkthrough on youtube, for alien and outlast. And I understand why the youtuber screams so much Very Happy
Anyway, I love the character who always say "darling" in outlast whistleblower. He was scary, creepy and mad as fuck !
Creepytubbies
Creepytubbies
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by mentalsitcom Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:35 am

OOohhh me too! I really loved the antagonists in outlast! The surgeon in the main game, Trager, was my favorite. I really enjoyed whistleblower though, I thought the part where your character was limping away from him was super intense Smile
mentalsitcom
mentalsitcom
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Creepytubbies Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:44 am

So, is "Mama" a good horror movie ? clown
Creepytubbies
Creepytubbies
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Megantron Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:47 am

I didn't think Mama was that good. I really liked the Spanish short film is was based off of though.

Megantron
Megantron
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by mentalsitcom Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:09 am

I liked mama pretty well, but honestly the ending was really bad, it almost ruined the whole thing for me. it had some pretty cool scenes though
mentalsitcom
mentalsitcom
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Creepytubbies Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:44 am

Thank you, so I'll watch the short film and the movie after then Smile
They always ruin the end !
Creepytubbies
Creepytubbies
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Megantron Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:08 am

I feel like all horror movies are doomed to have terrible endings unless they leave it open enough for a sequel.

It's like... how do you wrap up two hours of horror without it being super anti-climactic?
Megantron
Megantron
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Creepytubbies Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:46 am

I agree !
In my opinion, It's better when we don't know exactly what happened to a character or the monster/ ghost/ alien/ whatever. Because It add suspense, and suspense is what is really scary.
"Happy ending" are lame, I'm here to be scared not happy.
Creepytubbies
Creepytubbies
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Megantron Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:19 pm

Even if it's not a "happy" ending, some endings are bad because the film will try to make itself seem bigger and more philosophical than it really is.

Like, I just watched this film called The Den on Netflix the other night and at first it seems like a simple gore, whodunit mystery horror until the ending is just like "what in the actual fuck was that?"

That being said, I do recommend it if you like shakey-cam/technology-internet-based horror as it all appears on a computer screen (much like the Unfriended movie coming out soon).
Megantron
Megantron
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi Skirata Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Megantron wrote:I feel like all horror movies are doomed to have terrible endings unless they leave it open enough for a sequel.

It's like... how do you wrap up two hours of horror without it being super anti-climactic?

I remember this one movie. No idea what the hell it was. But it kinda had a Resident Evil 4 feel. It was a town of crazies who killed visitors. You can guess the plot from there. But in the end, the main character and the love interest get on a motorcycle and drive the fuck out of their.

Only to get cut in half by a wire across the road, with a townie giggling on the sidelines.

I remember my reaction was "I'm sorry, what?"

I love movies where everyone dies, but it was just outright silly.
Fi Skirata
Fi Skirata
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next