Hell is People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worldbuilding Discussion

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Worldbuilding Discussion Empty Worldbuilding Discussion

Post by Seccom-Masada Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:50 pm

A thread for discussing any fantasy/sci-fi worlds that any of us may have created. I know Nex, Fish, and Fontan have one, but some of you have expressed interest in mine. But, this thread isn't only about my own setting, stuff from other settings can be here too.

The way I'm doing it is that I made up a character to answer general questions about my setting. Later, other characters can answer too if they are qualified. Like characters from protaquest or whatever.

ANYWAY:

"Greetings! I am Doctor Aansa Kharradas, Senior Historian and Professor of History at the University of Rhea. Welcome to the Library of Anija. How can I help you today? Anything specific you'd like to know?"

Worldbuilding Discussion PI34Qhm
Seccom-Masada
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Worldbuilding Discussion Empty Re: Worldbuilding Discussion

Post by Mr. Fountain Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Where is the University of Rhea? Do you experience a lot of racism working here? What is the opinion of Bremin working in the academic world?
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seccom-Masada Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:12 pm

Mr. Fountain wrote:Where is the University of Rhea? Do you experience a lot of racism working here? What is the opinion of Bremin working in the academic world?

"Interesting questions... Well, The university is here, in Rhea. The largest of three massive, high-walled sister cities that make up Anija.

Hm. As for racism, Anija doesn't usually experience widespread racism. It's partially against our laws and we have way more than just bremin here. Anija is made up of the best and brightest of all intelligent species in Anetha. Bigotry is more of a thing we associate with Nadim.

Lastly, in regards to academia, I'll admit bremin aren't exactly the best choice for matters of the mind. We were quite savage when we were first around! Some would say that most of us still are. Regardless, I've been told I do my job well enough!"

Worldbuilding Discussion GhURzsz
Seccom-Masada
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi Skirata Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:46 pm

Do all Bremin have a predisposition towards Berzerkerism? How many subspecies of Bremin are there, is it just Snow and... that other one? How old do they live to be?
Fi Skirata
Fi Skirata
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Snœflæk Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:47 pm

What kinda of alcohol do y'all serve 'round these parts?

Follow up question, what type o' eats do y'all rustle up?

-----------

I have a world too, hope you all don't mind if I copy Masada's idea XD.
Let's go:

You walk up to a clean shaven Humanic, adorned in white robes. Two green bands run down the robe at either shoulder. He looks up from his busy work, and addresses you.
"Greetings, I am Magistrate Obius, head historian of the Forum Arcana. I can provide you with whatever knowledge you desire.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1KM6peQ3lyJ
Snœflæk
Snœflæk
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Seccom-Masada Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:19 pm

Fi Skirata wrote:Do all Bremin have a predisposition towards Berzerkerism? How many subspecies of Bremin are there, is it just Snow and... that other one? How old do they live to be?

"Ah, yes... that. The answer is yes, all bremin can shift into this state except males, though there are exceptions. Some can even do it at will. Telling signs include: fast and heavy breathing, noticeably increased muscle mass, and a sudden (but temporary) streak of madness. However, we've recently discovered that doing this too much can cause irreparable brain damage! It can get to the point where you're locked in that state until you eventually die of exhaustion!

...ahem.
Anyway, it's a bad thing. It's a natural defense mechanism and nothing more. It should most certainly not be used for warfare, in my humble opinion.

As for subspecies, there are four. That we know of, at least. We categorize them by the terrain they're found in. There's desert bremin, which I am, and tundra, river, and plains bremin. Desert bremin are the odd one out in that they're found everywhere, not just deserts.

And to answer your last question, lifespan depends on said subspecies. Desert bremin live the longest, because they have cities and access to healers. We usually live to our mid-eighties, tundra and plains bremin live to their mid-sixties, and river bremin live to their forties or fifties."

Snowflake wrote:What kinda of alcohol do y'all serve 'round these parts?

Follow up question, what type o' eats do y'all rustle up?

"I'll assume you're still asking about bremin.
Hm... well, I'm actually not one to answer that first one. I don't drink alcohol. I prefer Tsolanian coffee or just plain water.
I think the tribal bremin out near Naeriska like some weird fermented horse milk drink with fruit or something. I think it sounds disgusting.

However, as for food... meat! Quite a bit of meat. Any kind of meat: fish, horse, yillha, sheep, turul... all of it. Some vegetables too, but we love meat. Whenever someone gets the clever idea to compare us to rabbits, I like to mention that our mouths are full of sharp, jagged teeth and that we are almost exclusively carnivores!

As for me, I prefer Matossan carp grilled with a bit of lemon and salt. I absolutely love fish.
Mmm... Now you've made me hungry."

Worldbuilding Discussion OrOASMQ
Seccom-Masada
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fountain Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:02 pm

Can you describe some of the most powerful nations and their locations to us? Oh! And who are some powerful figures alive today?
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seccom-Masada Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:50 pm

Mr. Fountain wrote:Can you describe some of the most powerful nations and their locations to us? Oh! And who are some powerful figures alive today?
Ah! Powerful nations! That's my specialty!
Yes, there are plenty! Er... Not near Anija, though. We're just surrounded by little bickering feudal fiefdoms and a little city-state that sprung up around Rhea's front gate. I think that last one is pretty cute... Heehee.

Anyway, outside "The Disputed Lands" as we call them, there exists The Great Northern Kingdom of Naerige (That's "Nay-Ree-Guh" to those unfamiliar with Elder Gannalic languages.) and The Holy Septarchy of Sjürige ("Syoo-Ree-Guh"), both consisting mostly of humans. To the southeast there is the highly xenophobic Eldritch Kingdom of Madosakai, ruled by matossa and known for their strange architecture and lyrite refinement techniques. There is also The Grand Duchy of Menijata ("Meh-nee-ya-tah"), who we... sorta keep up friendly relations with? Otherwise we don't really interact with anyone nearby. Or at all, most of the time. It's against the rules.

Across the Dostrov Channel, or "The Shallow Sea", is the Southern continent of Harik-Nadima. Over here is the Hassanid Sultanate, newly broken away from the continent-wide, human-supremacist Imperial Nadim Triarchy. The Triarchy itself is on the verge of complete government collapse because of the most amusing of reasons. Then there's a relatively new nation called the Sultanate of Kotimaa, the first monarchy to be ruled entirely by bremin. Then there's the Black Isles of Drabant, an island-based pirate kingdom-turned merchant republic. There's much more than that, however. Those are just the most powerful that come to mind at first.

Hmm. Powerful figures... well. That's pretty general. I'd say our chancellor's are very powerful people, or the high king of Naerige. There's probably too many to simply list.

I could go into specifics about these nations or anyone in them, if you want.
Oooor is there anything else you want to know?

Worldbuilding Discussion TVrL35c
Seccom-Masada
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fountain Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:11 pm

Who are the matossa? Can you describe the Eldritch Kingdom in more detail? And why is it called the Eldritch Kingdom?
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seccom-Masada Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:09 am

Mr. Fountain wrote:Who are the matossa? Can you describe the Eldritch Kingdom in more detail? And why is it called the Eldritch Kingdom?

"Excellent choice. It's very difficult to study the inner workings of Matossan society, they're very isolationist. But we've still learned quite a bit from the exiles they expel from their lands.

The Matossa themselves are an... interesting bunch. Possibly the strangest creatures in Anetha. They exist solely because of lyrite energy. If deprived of it, they're rendered totally blind and feeble. Matossa appear as goat-like creatures, with long prehensile tails and a rather variable set of horns. The most notable feature are their eyes. Their eyes are pupil-ess and luminescent and give them very interesting abilities, such as the ability to see in complete darkness and to spot lyrite sources from anywhere, even through solid objects. They also live for a VERY long time, well into their second century at most. Some people compare Matossa to legends of ancient 'dragons' that used to live around the area. They do fit the descriptions well, but we've never found evidence of these ...'dragons' themselves ever existing.

Hm... Actually...
Hey!! Emi!! Can you come here for a moment?"

"Wh... What?"
"This is one of my students, Emi Min-Aidaza. She is a Matossa."
"h-Hello. Who is this, Mrs. Kharradas?"
"No one, dear. You can go back to what you were doing, thank you. Keep up the good work."
"Oh... Okay."

Worldbuilding Discussion FKviF6C

"Anyway, moving on.
Madosakai, or just Sakai or Masaka, is most likely the largest and oldest nation on the north continent and possibly all of Anetha. They've been around for about five thousand years at the very least! It was the place both lyrite and magic was discovered. At the time, the Matossa were very benevolent and gregarious, sharing their culture and arcane findings with all who sought them. They grew so large through political alliances more often than all-out warfare; their borders now span almost half of the Northern continent. They were a much more gentle people back then.

Now...
They've grown into a VERY xenophobic and isolationist elective monarchy ruled by a horrendously tangled web of noble families. They may not outright ban people from entering their lands, but they absolutely forbid foreigners to enter their capital. We're a special exception, however. They will not allow anyone from Anija to enter at all, they don't like us 'studying' them. So, as a result, we don't really have any recent and useful information about them. Not like we really care, however. They're so damn traditionalist and stagnant that they probably do not have anything we haven't already documented.

Hm? Why do they call themselves the ELDRITCH kingdom? Eh... I...uh. I don't really know. They've had so many 'mysterious' sounding names over the centuries. It's been the 'Kingdom under the Stars', the 'Heavenly Empire', and so many other glamorous, meaningless titles.

Er... Stop me if I'm getting a little verbose. Or encourage me? I can go into even MORE detail if you want.
Well, not for Madosakai, obviously. You're better off asking someone actually from there."
Seccom-Masada
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi Skirata Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:46 pm

Tell me about Naerige and it's high king.
Fi Skirata
Fi Skirata
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fountain Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:43 pm

Can I have a more detailed map of the known world? A political map would be preferred.
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seccom-Masada Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:01 am

Mr. Fountain wrote:Can I have a more detailed map of the known world? A political map would be preferred.

Aansa opens a drawer in her desk and rummages around for something.

She suddenly pops back up from behind her desk holding a large, rolled-up piece of paper.

"You sure can!
This is about the closest we have to a political map. It's a little basic, though. Here. You can keep it, we have several copies."

Worldbuilding Discussion DGMOCfx

MAP GET: <Click. Beware, very large picture.>

Fi Skirata wrote:Tell me about Naerige and it's high king.
"Bit of an odd country, I think. Used to be a band of crazy raiders from the FAR, FAR North. Even further than that map I gave your friend shows. Some say all humans came from the descendants of these people.

Anyway, the kingdom itself is currently ruled by one High King Yssun Joransson IX, of a great house named White-Wend. This man is the only officially documented case of someone settling an internal land dispute by beating a bremin chieftess in a wrestling match... I don't know why that's relevant. I just think it's funny. He's a pretty interesting and good-natured guy. He's very informal, and likes to joke quite a bit. But he's also got so many different people living in his kingdom and he simply tries to give them all the best he can to try and protect them from their insane neighbor, Sjürige. He's eccentric to hide how bad things are, I guess.

The country is quite large, stretching from the middle of the continent to the Gannalic Ocean. One of two countries to have a VERY large population of bremin. They use them as part of their standing armies in return for being able to live their tribal ways and worship their 'strange fire gods'. Still in the process of trying to unite the north. They've still got a ways to go, though. Their main problem is Sjürige, a theocracy run by seven king-priests to some horribly intolerant gods. There's the Matossan xenophobia, then there's these guys who want to kill and remove everything that isn't human because their weird sun gods view it as 'undesirable'. Luckily, Naerige has always been able to stave them off.

Basically, northern raiders who split off and became a big, powerful-yet-benevolent kingdom, befriended some bremin and are currently being plagued by people obsessed with themselves and the number 'seven'.

Again, there's more, but I don't want to talk you to sleep if you don't want me to. Heh..."

Last edited by Seccom-Masada on Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:23 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : modified the map to be slightly more readable)
Seccom-Masada
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fountain Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:16 am

Wow, the world's a big place! Cool. *pockets map* Okay, hm... What other non-human races exist out there?
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seccom-Masada Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:13 pm

Mr. Fountain wrote:Okay, hm... What other non-human races exist out there?

"Hmm... Well, you've got humans, matossa... I didn't mention much about bremin, but you probably already know a bit about them.
Let's see. Who else...

Oh! There's the Rutamani! They're like... birds? Sort of. Covered in feathers, got toothy beaks. Good at engineering, confusingly. They're the only other race I haven't talked about that has a nation of their own. The Duchy of Menijata, I mean.

Then there's the dwarves. Eh. I mean 'Dorzhaila'. No one knows how they came to be called 'dwarves'. They are the opposite of short! Eyeless cave-dwellers that can work metal like no other. They do have their own kingdom, but it's in a network of caverns deep underground

There are also the Volanans. Reclusive, bat-like, capable of flight. Used have a small kingdom of their own, before Sjürige destroyed it and killed most of them. A bit dolorous, but overall nice people.

I think that's about it for non-humans, actually.

Uh... Unless you count the Erani, or the 'Elves' as some people call them. They're still TECHNICALLY human, but they've grown tall and lanky. Their ears grew long and pointed, and horns have sprouted up on their foreheads. We aren't exactly sure what made them like this, but we think it could be generations of lyrite exposure. They're from Madosakai, most of the soil is absolutely RIDDLED with unrefined lyrite. It's pretty strange stuff. Simply being near raw lyrite for a long time is enough to stain the eyes blue or violet!

Any specific one you wanted to know about?"

Worldbuilding Discussion KT1N0kd
Seccom-Masada
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fountain Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:13 pm

Tell us more about lyrite.
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seccom-Masada Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:00 am

Mr. Fountain wrote:Tell us more about lyrite.

"Ah. Right. Wait here one moment."

Aansa gets up from her desk and walks off behind some shelves.

She comes back with some sort of glass container holding a small, blue crystal. She sets it on top of the desk in front of you.

"This is raw lyrite. Don't worry, it's sealed safe inside this container. Next to the strange mutagenic properties, holding it raw long enough can sorta irritate and burn your hands!"

"Now then, as for what it really is or where it came from... we simply have no idea. It came from two meteors that hit thousands of years ago and possibly another one that hit a few decades ago. The largest one hit the Southern coast of Madosakai, resulting in it being named the 'Sea of Stars' since you can see many of the crystals in the deep. The second hit the direct center of Harik-Nadima. Might not seem apparent, though. There's no lyrite anywhere on the surface of Nadim, but the shape of the continent is very telling and we've seen dwarves peddling lyrite-infused metalworks. So it must've plunged very deep into the ground."

"And the third one fell even further south..."

She pauses for a moment, then shrugs and smiles.

Worldbuilding Discussion BMkn4uW

"And we have no idea where it is! We don't know of any land further south than Nadim, but that's a different story. We've sorta assumed it just fell in the ocean. We don't know for sure if it was lyrite. It WAS glowing a bright blue, sooo... possibly?"

"Anyway, as you can see, it's a glowing blue crystal. It's also a mild mutagen and it generates lyrite energy. With training, this energy can be controlled to do certain things, like firing a hardened bolt of it or compressing the air around an object to move it around without touching it. You can simply call it 'magic' if you REALLY want to, but we refer to it more precisely as 'Lyr-Field Manipulation'. Doing this requires physical contact with the lyrite itself. Doesn't need to be direct contact, however. It can be inset into a weapon or some other object. On an unrelated note, I think it's just darn pretty to stare at with all those shifting blues and violets..."

"Um. Right, soooo... Anyway it can also be refined, which essentially just means cutting it into a more uniform shape like one would a gemstone and then coating it in glass or some other hard, translucent material. This amplifies its power and makes it safe to touch! The Matossa also do this thing where they carve grooves into their weapons and shape lyrite into sharp inserts to fit them. They've also got their own strange form of Lyr-Field Manipulation where they can control fire and lightning! I've seen one super-heat one of their weird swords and cut a sheet of steel in two, effortlessly!!"

She pauses again and scratches her chin for a moment.

"Hm. What haven't I mentioned?"

"Uh... Well, this is probably a given, but do NOT ingest it. It'll make you ...see things. Also don't be near a whole lot of it for more than a few hours without protection. Raw lyrite can do many strange things to the body in large quantities, least of all your eyes suddenly turning blue or pink."

"So! Basically, weird blue crystal singularly responsible for what people call 'magic' all over Anetha. Also probably what made the Matossa and the Erani look... how they look. Other than all that, we simply don't know enough about it. At least, not yet."
Seccom-Masada
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fountain Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:13 pm

The Sea of Stars, huh? Neat! What's the strangest thing that ever happened to someone who ate this stuff?
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seccom-Masada Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:00 am

Mr. Fountain wrote:The Sea of Stars, huh? Neat! What's the strangest thing that ever happened to someone who ate this stuff?

"What an odd question!"

"Well, I've never seen anyone eat it myself, and I'm not sure why anyone would. I mean, it IS a sharp, irritant rock you're shoving in your mouth. Unfortunately, people have actually done this and... that's really all that can be gathered from it. That it makes you hallucinate, I mean. People have also claimed to be prophets after seeing what they did when eating it, spawning a wide variety of weird cults. That's a bit strange."

"Hmm... How, might I ask, would you react if someone with glowing eyes started shouting litanies of mystical nonsense at you?
I'm not entirely sure what I'd do. That'd probably be the strangest, yet funniest thing I've ever seen!"

Worldbuilding Discussion GdmxZ2T
Seccom-Masada
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fountain Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:47 pm

Haha, yeah. Well, that gives me a thought. Can you tell us about some of the more interesting religions in this world and their histories?
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seccom-Masada Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:10 pm

Mr. Fountain wrote:Haha, yeah. Well, that gives me a thought. Can you tell us about some of the more interesting religions in this world and their histories?

"Ah. Now that I have no in-depth knowledge on. My fields are Political History, Biology, and Linguistics, Theology isn't my forte, but I can tell you the lands and the gods they worship. Hope that suffices. Alright..."

"This is gonna sound VERY cliché, but this is a thing that actually happened."

"Several thousand years ago, a dissolving, fun-loving little country named the Anethenian Imperium had a nice idea to flood this entire hemisphere with mindless thralls and various undead monsters. Then there were these two warrior queens in Nadim named Zhevinda and Derranhas. They formed a desperate, shaky alliance called 'The Golden Council', joining Tsolaigh, the little principalities that would go on to make up both Menijata and Naerige, and Madosakai..."

"You get where I'm going with this, right? They fought, stuff happened and the alliance won, obviously. And now most religions of today are polytheistic and incorporate those two queens as goddesses in some form, some even added the lords of those other realms as lesser gods or saints."

"Starting with the simplest, you have 'The Golden Council' that's still in Nadim that depicts Zhevinda as a golden-robed day goddess, and Derranhas as a black-armored night goddess. Depending on which sect you look at, their beliefs are a tad different. All I really know is the sect in the west is what's responsible for the rampant jingoism and bigotry that's all over the place."

"Naerige has the same thing... but sorta overlapped onto their old gods. And there are quite a bit of them. They took Zhevinda and made her into a male chief god known simply as 'The Light's King' and kinda renamed the other ones to Derranhas and the other kings at the time. It's why Yssun IX is king; he's believed to be a descendant of a god, which he technically is! Joran I White-Wend became Joran the God of Victory and Fathers."

"Menijata and the surrounding lands have split them both into several sister goddesses that they call the 'Aspects of Light and Dark'. They've also changed their names and added new ones."

"Madosakai and Sjürige are the only countries that don't do this. The Matossans have an... odd form of religion that isn't really a religion at all. It's more like a code of laws for the state with a little bit of ancestor worship and veneration of spirits in their forests thrown in. Then there's this whole sub religion for a warrior-caste that encourages ABSOLUTE loyalty or death. It's hilariously complicated just like every other thing about Madosakai."

"Sjürige is infatuated with the number seven. And by infatuated, I mean psychotically obsessed! They have seven gods that they call 'The Seven Fathers of Purity', seven kings, exactly seven cities, their numbering system is base-seven, their temples must have seven sides to the walls... it goes to such ridiculous lengths that families are encouraged to have seven children. It's also all we know. Sjürige is horribly afraid of everything outside their lands because their gods tell them to be. They speak to no one, let no one in their lands and actively try to kill non-humans."

"And finally, Northern bremin have something interesting. The many tribes of Northerners have many strange customs and mannerisms, but they all share one thing in common: their worship of fire. They do not worship any gods, of fire or otherwise, just fire as a concept. I know a little about this, actually. Bremin in the North believe the universe is what amounts to a giant kiln, and that all of creation was molded and divinely fired into existence. They see flames as a sort of vigilant spirit, an ember of something larger that they call 'Tuulasahja' or The Hearth. Actually, even the word 'Bremin' is a reference to this. It comes from 'Bramanni', which literally means 'earthen ones', as if they were clay statues fired in a kiln.

"...Uh. Sorry I don't have more information. You'd really be better off asking a theologist."

Worldbuilding Discussion Xcn6nMT
Seccom-Masada
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fountain Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:00 am

Wow, no, that was great! Hey, what's that little badge you're wearing? Can I have one?
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi Skirata Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:47 pm

How do Bremin greet others? Teach us the proper way to greet a bunny person!
Fi Skirata
Fi Skirata
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seccom-Masada Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:41 am

Mr. Fountain wrote:Wow, no, that was great! Hey, what's that little badge you're wearing? Can I have one?

"The badge on my collar?"
"It's pretty neat actually. This little bronze button symbolizes my rank, what my job is, and which of the three cities I'm from!"

"Can you have one? Uh... nope, hee hee!
Unless you lived in Anija and worked for the university, but that'd be a bit hard!"

Fi Skirata wrote:How do Bremin greet others? Teach us the proper way to greet a bunny person!

"Greet? Like a formal greeting or something?
Uh. Well. We greet eachother many different ways. Usually in our own language, but we also use Common and, around here, Anijan speech."

"Okay, firstly, you may find this a bit strange or funny 'cuz I can see you're all humans. Anyway, one thing you should know about bremin is that they have this thing where if they meet someone new or someone they haven't seen in a while, they sorta have to... feel them? Physically, I mean."

"Hmm, this could be a bit hard to explain."

"Physical contact is a big deal for us. We don't fully understand it currently. It's probably some sort of instinct or reflex, but... when we've gone a while without seeing friends or family, we're kinda compelled to hug or otherwise grab or touch them in some way. It triggers some sort of positive emotional response in us as if we're confirming that this person was 'alright'. If that makes any sense."

Worldbuilding Discussion HaEfnFC

"Possibly one of the strongest positive stimulus we have. It's also a VERY good stress reliever if you've got a friend who doesn't mind your constant hugs, but I digress."

"So! As it would seem, formal greeting among bremin involves hugging, handholding, and others of the sort."

"As for what we say in our language when greeting, Northern Breminnese has one casual and a few formal greetings. The casual one is pretty simple. It's just an 'Ah' sound, maybe with a hand-wave or a hand on their friend's shoulder for good measure."

"Our formal greetings are a bit strange, most of them are meaningless in Commontongue. Some say they're ritualistic and akin to blessings. Unfortunately, I don't use my own language very much, so I only know one or two of them. Anyway, a usual formal greeting between two bremin consists of taking both of eachothers' hands, looking eachother in they eyes, say their greeting, and then embrace."

"Let's see... which ones did I know? Uh, forgive me for this. I haven't spoken Bramanni in months at least, and even then only to my mother. It may sound a little silly."

She clears her throat.

"Päraahjaara Meitakaa vänaari?"
"Which ...probably means 'How did you wake?'. To which you would reply with... uh. Something like..."
"Taava sillhäni jo Maataisanaahja."
"This part is untranslatable. I recognize the word 'sky' and 'and' but the rest doesn't make any sense in Common."

"And there you have it! Just imagine that I was hugging you, heh. Y'know, I would, but we sorta suppress that urge around humans and the others. You humans always seem to have problems with being touched. Makes you uncomfortable and all, but not bremin! Unless they were trying to avoid another bremin, which is considered rude or insulting."
Seccom-Masada
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fountain Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:48 am

Interesting. Well, then... *suddenly reaches my hand out to grab one of Aansa's hands and proceeds to shake it thoroughly with both of mine* Nice tah meet ya!

So, *still shaking hands* tell me about the latest technologies! How developed is the world?
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next