Hell is People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation: Hollow Storm

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Operation: Hollow Storm - Page 2 Empty Re: Operation: Hollow Storm

Post by EmotheKing Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:50 am

Yeah have York ask it because I can't think of a way to ask it without it sounding weird.
EmotheKing
EmotheKing
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Syagrius Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:48 pm

Gonna throw an application up for this relatively soon.
Syagrius
Syagrius
Serf

http://nationstates.net/Transoxthraxia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexeria Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:51 pm

Syagrius wrote:Gonna throw an application up for this relatively soon.

Oh shit, really? Well, try to use the information I gave and the GoW wiki to help create your character. If you have the time, I suggest you read through what we've already written in the IC, so you can understand what's happening.
Nexeria
Nexeria
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Syagrius Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:21 pm

Nexeria wrote:

Oh shit, really? Well, try to use the information I gave and the GoW wiki to help create your character. If you have the time, I suggest you read through what we've already written in the IC, so you can understand what's happening.

Yes, really, I believe we were just discussing this on another platform. I'm somewhat familiar with the Gears' Universe, but yeah I'll read through the IC to get the gist of what's going on.
Syagrius
Syagrius
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi Skirata Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:25 pm

A new Gear? Hype.
Fi Skirata
Fi Skirata
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Syagrius Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:13 am

Name: Alexandria Rothschild, though she always goes by Alex.

Place of Birth: Hanover.

Personality: Alex is a girl who is, as her father put it, a buzzsaw. What he meant when he said that was that Alex was determined, to such an extent that she would stop at nothing to get what she wanted. She's an extremely bright person, both in her intellect and her demeanor, rarely ever feeling down, and often acting as a source of cheer-up for those around her. She's extremely in-tune with the emotions of those around her, and can often tell when someone's irate, angry, or even sad without many visual or emotional cues, providing support not only with her sniper, but with her squadmate's emotions. In battle, she's cool-headed for the most part, but can panic when the enemy gets too close due to her small size and stature. While rarely ever showing them, her fears of getting up-close and personal with the Locust often get the better of her, and when she can't stare them down through the scope of a Longshot, she often finds herself out of her element, and scared easily. She's not a natural leader in any sense of the word, but she gets the tasks that she's assigned done to a tee, often considering herself a perfectionist.  

Weapon Specialty: Anything that could be considered a long-range weapon, though personally she prefers the Longshot Sniper Rifle.

Reasons for Enlisting: Free food, protection, and an excuse to shoot at anything that got in her way.

Background Information: Born and raised in Hanover, Alexandria's father was Tyran, but her mother was a South Islander who met her father after he was on a military deployment to the South Islands, Irohma in particular. Her father, a high-ranking member of the CoG Intelligence Agency was operating in the South Islands, and her mother was a corporate lawyer on the island. They married when her father retired early from the CoGIA, her father coming from a family full of wealth. They had their first child, Daniel Rothschild, one year into their marriage, nine years before eleven months after that, they had their second, Michael. A year and a half later, their third and final child, Alexandria, was born. The three children lived in relative comfort in Hanover for most of their lives, taking vacations to the Southern Islands to visit her mother's family.

On E-day, Alexandria was seven years old. Initially, her family stayed in Hanover, but soon after E-Day, Alexandria's father was recalled into the CoGIA. After a large Locust offensive brought Hanover onto the front line, Alexandria's family relocated to Irohma Island, and soon after they lost contact with Alexandria's father. The South Islands chain was relatively untouched by the Locust, but under pressure from their emotionally distraught mother, each son was coerced into signing up for the CoG, becoming Gears. David was killed in action soon after, but Michael survived for most of the war. After David's death, Alexandria's mother became withdrawn, distant, and eventually refused to eat, dying of malnutrition. With her father missing, mother dead, one brother dead and the other a Gear, Alexandria felt nothing more than to try and reunite herself with her surviving direct family, she joined the CoG.

During training, she was discriminated against due to her size and her gender, but her personality helped her overcome these obstacles, often going so far as physically retaliating against those who would bully her. There she found her affinity for long-range weapons, and quickly made a name for herself as a sniper. She finished training with a prestigious reputation, and soon found her way into a squad, though Operation: Hollow Storm will be her first combat mission.

Appearance and Physical Description: Alex is small, even for a Seran female. She stands around 5'2, and weighs just under one hundred pounds. She has bleached-blonde hair so yellow-white that it borders on bone-white, that she likes to keep as long as possible without violating any CoG rules, so when she's out in public she often bundles it up into a combined bun-ponytail, and when it isn't done up, it reaches down to her mid-back. She has a Caucasian complexion, with delicate-looking pale skin which is often covered in small scratches and dirt, though her half-Islander ancestry can be seen in her upper face. She has a small, upturned nose and thin, but full lips. Her eyes, which betrays her half-Islander ethnicity, are slightly slanted, and are almost almond in shape. Her eyes, which are a steel grey, have excellent eyesight.
Syagrius
Syagrius
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexeria Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:50 am

Alexandria Rothschild:

I absolutely love it! Great to have you here, Trans.

Like I said to you before, you will be in the King Raven with Lt. Waylan Rhodes (Me) and PFC. Raymond Evans (Emo). We will be covering SSgt. Nila Farris (Also, Me), Sgt. Michael Rikter (Verk/Mr. Fountain), and Cpl. Jaden "Mac" MacNamara (Mr. Finale) as they cruise along below in a Centaur Tank.

I'll probably work up a post sometime today in which Lt. Rhodes takes notice of you.
Nexeria
Nexeria
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Syagrius Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:54 am

Nexeria wrote:
Alexandria Rothschild:

I absolutely love it! Great to have you here, Trans.

Like I said to you before, you will be in the King Raven with Lt. Waylan Rhodes (Me) and PFC. Raymond Evans (Emo). We will be covering SSgt. Nila Farris (Also, Me), Sgt. Michael Rikter (Verk/Mr. Fountain), and Cpl. Jaden "Mac" MacNamara (Mr. Finale) as they cruise along below in a Centaur Tank.

I'll probably work up a post sometime today in which Lt. Rhodes takes notice of you.

Cool, just let me know over Skype once you've posted so I can jump in.
Syagrius
Syagrius
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi Skirata Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:13 pm

I realized I had been spelling my character's name wrong.

My own. Character.

So I had to go back and fix all instances of that. Then I realized I had a minor formatting error with my character name at the top of all my posts as compared to every one else and I had to go back and fix THAT on all of my damn posts.

Ugh. Sorry. I'll get a post up about the lovely and detailed reloading of a Centaur cannon over and over ASAP.
Fi Skirata
Fi Skirata
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fountain Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:42 pm

Whenever you guys see a huge exaggeration in my posts with Rikter, which should be obvious, it's because Rikter exaggerates things in his head. Thought I'd mention that.
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi Skirata Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:01 pm

On my post about reloading the canon: clearly Jaden was nailing his active reloads then failed one XD
Fi Skirata
Fi Skirata
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fountain Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:01 pm

HAHAHA! Shit.
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi Skirata Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:18 pm

Its been like, a week since anyone posted on the IC <.<
Fi Skirata
Fi Skirata
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fountain Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:20 pm

*looks at trans*
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi Skirata Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:15 pm

"Other than almost killing everyone, we're fine. Also, I am not a supply crate."

Rikter the supply crate.
Fi Skirata
Fi Skirata
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi Skirata Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:29 pm

Oi, whats the hold up?
Fi Skirata
Fi Skirata
Knight

Back to top Go down