Hell is People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Youtube ToS Preventing Some Youtubers from Making Money

5 posters

Go down

New Youtube ToS Preventing Some Youtubers from Making Money Empty New Youtube ToS Preventing Some Youtubers from Making Money

Post by Dizzywig Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:14 pm

As of today Youtube has begun notifying Youtubers if their video is no longer allowed to be monetized. The specific video is included in the notification and will no longer generate any sort of revenue if it is not deemed "advertiser-friendly". The attached image New Youtube ToS Preventing Some Youtubers from Making Money 771140611520995329 shows what is and is not deemed "advertiser-friendly".

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter, and whether or not you feel like an idea you have is a potential, better solution to those videos being marked as incapable of earning revenue.
Dizzywig
Dizzywig
Serf

Back to top Go down

New Youtube ToS Preventing Some Youtubers from Making Money Empty Re: New Youtube ToS Preventing Some Youtubers from Making Money

Post by Nexeria Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:35 pm

I saw this one YouTuber complaining about that. They sent him a whole list of his videos that have been demonetized, and he seemed pretty upset because YouTube is his full-time job and if he's not gonna be able to make money off of it then there's not much of a point for him to keep making the videos. He said he'd probably just end up quitting YouTube altogether if it persisted throughout rest of the year.

How do they define an "advertiser-friendly" video?
Nexeria
Nexeria
Esquire

Back to top Go down

New Youtube ToS Preventing Some Youtubers from Making Money Empty Re: New Youtube ToS Preventing Some Youtubers from Making Money

Post by Dizzywig Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:22 pm

https://twitter.com/kiandymundi/status/771140611520995329

I can't figure out how to post images on the board from my phone, but here's a link to an image outlining what defines it.
Dizzywig
Dizzywig
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fountain Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:12 am

You should be allowed to make money off of your commentary on the news. I mean, that's what the news does. CNN, Fox, MSNBC. They all throw their own spins and tones on the news. Fox takes it to a whole different level, of course.

I think that YouTube should simply put the responsibility on the advertisers. Make it simpler for them to request their ads pulled from certain videos or channels.
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexeria Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:51 am

Here's one of my favorite YouTubers talking about the news rules:
Nexeria
Nexeria
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzywig Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:35 pm

Personnaly, I'd like to see the ads become kind of a partnership with the Youtubers, that way the Youtubers can support companies that they enjoy and think their audience would enjoy and vice versa. It would also allow companies to see if they want that specific Youtuber representing them. It's a lot of work sure, but I feel it's a great option.
Dizzywig
Dizzywig
Serf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi Skirata Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:36 pm

This actually doesn't make a lot of sense to me, because I was under the impression that Youtube ads were actually a part of Google Ad sense, and I'm a bit thrown off that the rules change is even possible. I don't watch alot of youtube anymore, but I'm worried about some of my favorite you tubers and their business.

As a side note, YouTube fucked up. Twitch is bigger than ever and this business slip up is going to make them even bigger. Never been a better time to be a streamer.
Fi Skirata
Fi Skirata
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fountain Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:09 pm

Won't be surprised if an aspiring entrepreneur siezes the opportunity to make a competing NewTube.
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Megantron Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:42 pm

I feel YouTubers will now have to switch to personally advertising for companies in the videos themselves (along the realm of Makeup tutorialists who advertise certain products) in order to continue making money off of their videos.

So, essentially, YouTubers that want to continue generating the same type of content will have to "sell out" in order to do so.
Megantron
Megantron
Esquire

http://www.hauntingsss.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down