Hell is People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protaquest Main Thread

+3
Nexeria
Mr. Fountain
Fi Skirata
7 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Protaquest Main Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Protaquest Main Thread

Post by Mr. Fountain Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:23 am

>Pull your weapon out
>Prepare to defend the gold!
>Oh, and I guess, Dunn, too.
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seccom-Masada Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:12 am

[CUTSCENE]

Mr. Fountain wrote:>Pull your weapon out
>Prepare to defend the gold!
>Oh, and I guess, Dunn, too.

I don't have a weapon!
We left Snow behind for a bit, so I let her borrow it. She seemed trustworthy enough; she did save us, after all! But the best weapons I have right now are my claws, but I keep them blunted so I don't accidentally scratch people. You'd be surprised how often that happens!

But wait, didn't Dunn say they were friends? I'm getting mixed messages here! Ugh...
Oooo... gold. Hah, I WISH we had gold. Gold is pretty rare around Nadim! You can be executed for simply carrying gold around the Triarchy. They think all gold on Nadim belongs to the High Sultan by divine right. Hah... right. Hmm, I've only ever seen one thing made of gold in my whole life: Sultan Altan Hassanid's circlet.

Anyway, the bag had silver in it. Dunn set it down inside the cart while he was looking around for bandages. And yeah! Nothing is getting that silver from me!

And... the dwarf? Does he really need defending? He's a pretty big guy, though he does look a bit weak. Whatever! If anything comes out-
Dunn is giving me a strange look. I think. I seem to have tensed up and put up my claws... as if they'll be of use.

Someone comes running out of the temple and... tackles me into the ground. It was Kaz. Old man Altan follows shortly after and Dunn perks up.
"Hey sis." He simply says with a dumb smile on his face. Idiot.
"Dammit, Kaz. I'm still hurt from earlier..." I sigh and start pushing against him. "Get off!"
Dunn and Altan turn their head towards us.
"Sis? Now'm even more confused. Figured she was yer gerlfriend or slave or sommin'. I knew you lot were strange." The old man says.
Dunn scoffs and shakes his head; Kaz and I shoot confused and embarrassed glances at eachother. Altan glares at Dunn.
"And where the'ells've you been, boy?! And... what's with the bandages?" Altan approaches and sits down in front of the dwarf. He starts speaking very quietly to Altan. Too quiet for me to hear anyway.

I hear Kaz suddenly sniff around my hair. He grimaces.
"Gods! Liz you really stink. You smell like smoke and a rotting corpse! Take a bath or something."
"Asshole!" I say, giving a similarly disgusted look. He starts laughing. Gods! He really is an ass!
I get a foothold under Kaz and sorta catapult him off of me. He lands harmlessly in an upright sitting position. I sit up as well.
Finally I can rest a bit, so I easily wind down from Kaz's remark. He's probably right, though. It's been weeks since I cleaned myself up.

Later, I finally spend about an hour explaining to Kazimierz all the stuff that's happened since I got here. The Amulet, the temple ruins, all of it. Even you guys. The suns get pretty low in the sky as I go on and eventually set. When I get to the voices and magic part, he gives me a rather confused look. I tell him about Yun too, and that I can speak Matossan for some reason. Night falls as I finish.
"I... wow. You were able to use Dad's sword to do all that? But bremin aren't usually able to use magic very well. Liz, you're either real lucky or that amulet is a damn miracle. This is definitely interesting. I'd like to have a look at that necklace sometime." He says.
"I told you this thing worked! Though... I hope the voices inside don't drive me crazy. Luckily they've been kinda silent lately."
"You should get rid'a that thing, gerl." Altan butts in. "Magic's nothin' but trouble. You 'member the Imperium, aye? They're the reason our land's now a big shit 'ole in the first place. They loved their damn magic." Kaz gives him a light glare.
"That happened thousands of years ago, Captain." He says. Altan scoffs. Kaz then turns to me.
"Hey, Liz. Speaking of magic, where is Dad's sword?" Uh oh...
"Uh... Snow has it. I let her borrow it for a bit since we left her behind and..." He starts squinting at me... I don't like it.
Something makes his expression shift, though. He looks past me.

Someone was walking up the hill toward us. I hear a woman start laughing. It's Snow. Well, "Speak of the gremlin hordes and they'll come." Indeed.
"Niilana Tuulat! Oh man, you would not BELIEVE what just happened." She yells. I look back at her from behind the cart. She's... missing teeth and her forehead is bleeding. What. Why is she laughing.

Snow approaches us, dragging the sword. Everyone looks at her. "Thought ya killed his two girlies, Lil' Lizzy. One of'm threw a smoke bomb or somethin' and tried ta bash my head in with a bucket full a' horse meat. Almost stole yer sword too, the little one got the sheath. They took Ailin and ran off, screaming something like... 'The Sirens take flight once again!' or some other stupid shit. Those people're pretty soft in the head..." She says, getting closer and sitting down near me. She hands Dad's sword back to me again.
"Here's yer sword back. Hope ya got a way of carryin' it without the sheath, heh." I take it and Kaz sighs with what I guess is relief.
"Uh... Miss Snow? You... got some red on you... and your teeth are..."
"What? This definitely ain't the first time someone spiked me in the head, girl. And what ABOUT my teeth? You of all people 'ere should know that ain't no big deal for us."
"Oh yeah." Kaz says. "Bremin teeth grow back, don't they? I'd forgotten about that. Liz wouldn't know. She never had any knocked out."
Snow nods and flashes that insidious grin again, this time with slightly less... content to show.
Uh, wow. I didn't know. Surprised at this new information, I touch my mouth. I guess that's one less thing to worry about!

Snow leans back against the cart, wipes the half-dried blood from her head, and sighs. "So. Lizzy. Ya mentioned food earlier, yeah? Welp, jus' so happens that yer savior is oh so hungry from all that rescuing. So whatcha' got?" I slowly look towards Kaz with a slightly worried face. Uh...
"I guess that's fair. You did sorta help save our lives. We got plenty of food: dried meat, dried fish, some vegetables... there's some jarred soup the caravaneer's wife gave me." Kaz says, then looks at Dunn and Altan. "You two are welcome to have some too."
Snow raises both her hands. "Ha! Taarjajuta... Good on ya, thanks man."

So, later that night we get a fire going. Altan insisted that Dunn cook for some reason, so we let him. He seemed pretty enthusiastic about it. They both quickly head back to their old busted caravan in the woods to grab a few things. Dunn came back with a small knife and a pot with a bag of spices and some cloves of garlic inside. He immediately got to work, and as we settled in and watched him, it was clear that he knew what he was doing.

Altan had brought back a rather ornate spear, saying he could probably have taken the Sirens if they hadn't ambushed and killed most of their caravan. Old Man Altan tells us that Dunn is a traveling blacksmith from the Underkingdom of Dorzh-Riúndha and was riding another merchant's caravan to Emanya to find some work. Altan introduces himself as a friend of Dunn's and the late caravan-master, and again, as a former Imperial Nadim border guard.

Kaz and I are talking about the amulet and stuff that happened in the temple. I also kinda contemplate showing him the note that Kanden left me. I'll have to ask you guys about it later. For now, I just sit in Kaz's lap and watch Dunn cook. It's starting to smell really good. He's making some sort of stew out of the dried meat and that soup that Kaz mentioned.

I look at Snow. She's let her hair down and is still leaning back on the cart's wheel. She looks asleep. I wonder what a tundra bremin is doing this far from Naeriga. All this heat down here doesn't seem like her element since she's cut the sleeves out of that jacket. And that eye... she was doing something to Ailin with it. It definitely doesn't seem natural. Maybe I'll ask her about it later.

Protaquest Main Thread - Page 6 HHgcbZj

Dunn finishes whatever it is he's cooking and Kaz gets up and grabs some wooden bowls out of the cart. We all sit around the fire and smalltalk as we eat, about the Triarchy, about The Bridge, the goings-on in the world. Altan starts telling war stories that Snow seemed pretty interested in. She was listening pretty intently and even mentioned a few of her own exploits. Apparently she was a tribal from the far North and very good at hunting.

The stew itself was amazing, though it may have been because I hadn't eaten but once in the last few days. It was a tomato soup that was thickened up with some oil and Kassani goat cheese with some sliced carrots, potatoes, and garlic thrown in for good measure. The dried yillha beef rehydrated and soaked up the broth, taking on its flavor. The dwarf sure can cook!

It was quite the little party we had. Unfortunately, I had grown really sleepy a few minutes after eating. I started leaning on Kaz's shoulder and fell asleep not long after. I was right. Today was definitely interesting. Good night, crazy voices...

Protaquest Main Thread - Page 6 SOCYZwU
Seccom-Masada
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Seccom-Masada Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:46 pm

------------------------------------------
>NOTICE: EXTRA DATA DETECTED...

>ITEM(S) FOUND: 1
>INITIATING PLAYBACK:
INTERMISSION_01_WHITE_SNOW.anf

>High in the snow-covered Northern mountains of Naeriga, within the lands of the Pajonno-Bramanni Queens, a girl prepares to become a woman...

Protaquest Main Thread - Page 6 MuEAawc

Bah! Enough monologuing! I just wanna get this over with a soon as possible. Okay, equipment check!
Let's see... Maakii? Here! Kamutta? Here! Arrows... arrows... Ah, there. I look down at my clothes. Yeah, this outfit should be warm enough. Water ration should stay thawed as long as I keep moving. I just ate, so I shouldn't need to take a food ration up there with me. Wind hasn't yet blown off my Maaranu tattoos, that's a good sign from the Hearth! Alright, I think I'm ready. Let's steal a turalla egg!

The bremin whelp takes inventory: RIPPER SWORD, SHORTBOW, 15 BARBED ARROWS, WARM CLOTHES, FILLED WATERSKIN.

Protaquest Main Thread - Page 6 HVewXK3

Hmm, I think I might be missing something, actually.
Hey... Wait! Gracjan! Gracjan is... Hmm... Where did my big southern monkey man run off to?

I look towards the back of the tent. Oh. Gracjan is still asleep. Ugh, Tuulasahja burn him to ash...
Hmph, we're burnin' daylight! I wonder if I should just leave him here. He did want to watch this, though.

>Please suggest an action_

Protaquest Main Thread - Page 6 EMapg7e
Seccom-Masada
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fountain Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:20 pm

>Hm?
>A tribal gremlin?
>And a human...
>...
>...kick him.
Mr. Fountain
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nexeria Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:26 am

>Hm, where are we now?
>That's not Licia? Who is the floppy one?
>Ah, whatever.
>Wake the human, fluffy girl.
Nexeria
Nexeria
Esquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6