Masada's Story Time Thread

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Seccom-Masada on Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:41 am

>bring the sphere to the other statue
>^

>You gather your axe and make your exodus from the ransacked storage room, closing the door as you leave to prevent the smoke from the fire spreading into the hall and potentially suffocating you.

You come up to the orb-less statue on the right of the hall, and pull out the pouch. You up-turn the pouch and shake it a little in an attempt to get the orb to come out. One end bulges out the pouch opening. You then try and pry it out with your fingers and it eventually falls into the hands of the stone goddess. Her hands depress and make a small *click*. As the orb comes out, you quickly close the bag to stop the other items from falling out.

Link

The large, ornate stone door begins to slide open. Finally some real progress. Now to find what you came for and then a way out...

Link

[CUTSCENE]

Seeing no other alternative, you start down this new, long hallway. It's pretty dark, there are torches on the beams along the path but they're so dimly lit that the walls are still shrouded in darkness. As you continue, you start to see light at the end of the hall. The light from the far room is a deep blue color and seems strange, very unlike a torch. You start to jog towards it; the darkness of this room is beginning to get to you and the dim torches aren't helping. You start to run so fast that you partially lose your footing.

Link

You come to the far room, kneeling from your run. It's a pretty stark contrast to the rest of the place. There's very little dust and it's strangely clean compared to the rest of the temple. There are several lanterns on the ceiling giving off that blue light. The room appears to be a dead-end, but contains a myriad of things: A (nearly empty) bookcase, a suit of old, rusty, but very ornate armor on a rack in the corner, an ornate wooden desk, a neatly made bed in the other corner.

Link

In the center of the room is what looks like a square-shaped altar and In the center that there's an empty pillo... wait, no. There's a small, dusty pillow on the altar with something on it.

Link

You look closer. It's a necklace. This is it! You've finally found it! Months of diving through House Hassanid's archives has finally paid off. You've found this temple and now... this. "Infinite knowledge" they said, and now it is yours. You lay your axe down and pi̵c̷k ̵iţ u҉p̷. There's that sulfuric smell again; what is that? No matter.
Like before, it seems to be nothing.
You remove your scarf, stand up, and don your ne̳̮̞w̸̥̞ ̧̟̝̜̤̯a̶̫̹̭̖ͅc̜̯͔͕̝̦̦q̠̻̥̬͎͟u̬̦̠̬̦͇i̱̭͍̹̜ͅs̳͞i̛͓̹͉t͏͖̩ì͕͙͉̝̯o̜̩̤̰̲n̷̜̰̠̭̠.͓̱̣̯̠̟͢ͅ..



OW!! My head! Damn, feel's like someone just stuck a knife in my forehead. Sweet Tsevinta's mercy. Urgh...
Well? Is that it? Hm, I don't feel any different. Where's the "infinite knowledge"? This better not have been for nothing or I might need to have some "words" with those robes back at the archives. *Sigh* Now what?



[E̍ͧ̓ͧ͌̔̚R͂ͨͫ͑͏Rͤ͐O͒̓͐R̊ͫ:̆̋̀͘ ̴͆ỶOU ̧͗̀A̶R̵ͫͮ̋͂́͛̈́E NO LONGER IN DIRECT CONTROL]
avatar
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Posts : 145
Join date : 2015-01-09
Age : 26
Location : At a box factory, Kaunas, Lithuania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Mr. Fountain on Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:00 am

>scavenge through the desk on the other side of the room for loot and goodies

_________________
Seulete sui et seulete vueil estre.

Mr. Finale wrote:"Fountain you give SHIT relationship advice."

Mr. Fountain wrote:"No, I don't. You just date shit people."
avatar
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Posts : 958
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Judecca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Seccom-Masada on Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:40 pm

Mr. Fountain wrote:>scavenge through the desk on the other side of the room for loot and goodies
Huh?! A voice? Who...?
"Who's there!? I can hear you, show yourself!" I call out.

avatar
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Posts : 145
Join date : 2015-01-09
Age : 26
Location : At a box factory, Kaunas, Lithuania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Mr. Fountain on Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:07 pm

>Oh? Hahaha! Really? Hear this, everyone?! The creature's developed a personality of it's own!
>I suppose that we should, too... Haha! I wanna be the nutty one that tries to drive it to madness!
>Haha, no, but seriously, I appear to be a voice in your head. Perhaps the jewel you just donned split me from your psyche? Or maybe I'm a supernatural entity? The source of that infinite knowledge you were just thinking about?

_________________
Seulete sui et seulete vueil estre.

Mr. Finale wrote:"Fountain you give SHIT relationship advice."

Mr. Fountain wrote:"No, I don't. You just date shit people."
avatar
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Posts : 958
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Judecca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Fi Skirata on Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:25 pm

>Eh?! He hears us? He can't hear us, that's not this works! That's not how any of this works!
>Don't go trying religion on the poor thing, you know he isn't a believer!
>Anyway, we... can't exactly show ourselves to you, little Prota.

_________________
avatar
Fi Skirata
Knight

Posts : 883
Join date : 2015-01-08
Age : 23
Location : Despair Academy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Seccom-Masada on Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:28 pm

Mr. Fountain wrote:>Oh? Hahaha! Really? Hear this, everyone?! The creature's developed a personality of it's own!
>I suppose that we should, too... Haha! I wanna be the nutty one that tries to drive it to madness!
>Haha, no, but seriously, I appear to be a voice in your head. Perhaps the jewel you just donned split me from your psyche? Or maybe I'm a supernatural entity? The source of that infinite knowledge you were just thinking about?

Huh? The amulet... you... what?! You're sentient?? Dammit, that's what I was afraid of. And you lot sound half mad. Being in here for thousands of years did you no favors. Unfortunately, you seem to be what I was looking for. We'll have to see whe-



Thade wrote:>Hey, shut up a minute, I wanna try something
>Ahem. ATTENTON, WEIRD RABBIT... THING. I AM YOUR GOD. TREMBLE BEFORE ME.

What.
...h-Half mad indeed. And now you're all in my head, lovely.



Mr. Finale wrote:>Eh?! He hears us? He can't hear us, that's not this works! That's not how any of this works!
>Don't go trying religion on the poor thing, you know he isn't a believer!
>Anyway, we... can't exactly show ourselves to you, little Prota.

Prota?? What in the three hells is a "prota"? Hm. Actually, you seem the most sane here, wha- wait... "he"?



Last edited by Seccom-Masada on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Posts : 145
Join date : 2015-01-09
Age : 26
Location : At a box factory, Kaunas, Lithuania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Fi Skirata on Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:32 pm

>PROTA, GENDER YOURSELF. TELL ME YOU ARE A BOY. DO NOT MAKE MY KNOWLEDGE OF YOU A LIE.

_________________
avatar
Fi Skirata
Knight

Posts : 883
Join date : 2015-01-08
Age : 23
Location : Despair Academy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Mr. Fountain on Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:39 pm

>It's not a male?! Oh, sweet gods... Do you have any idea how lonely I've been? It's just... I just... *sounds like it's about to cry* I'm just so h-happy...
>SHOWUSYOURBREASTSSHOWUSYOURBREASTSSHOWUSYOURBREASTS!
>Haha... Seriously, though, pilfer through the desk over there.

_________________
Seulete sui et seulete vueil estre.

Mr. Finale wrote:"Fountain you give SHIT relationship advice."

Mr. Fountain wrote:"No, I don't. You just date shit people."
avatar
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Posts : 958
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Judecca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Nexeria on Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:53 pm

>Um... hello there. It seems the others have taken to calling you Prota, so I guess to make it easier to know who's talking I'll give myself a name. You can call me Rozz.
>Might you explain to us what it is you're doing here? Specifically, why do you want our amulet?

_________________

"I definitely have character arcs in mind for each character unless I kill them." - Robert Kirkman

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place, and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part."
avatar
Nexeria
Esquire

Posts : 392
Join date : 2015-01-11
Age : 102
Location : Fucked

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Seccom-Masada on Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:38 am

Mr. Finale wrote:>PROTA, GENDER YOURSELF. TELL ME YOU ARE A BOY. DO NOT MAKE MY KNOWLEDGE OF YOU A LIE.

Whoa whoa whoa there, friend. I don't know what you know about me but I can most certainly tell you I ain't a guy. If I was I probably would've died of shock immediately after the door closed and trapped me in here. Heh.



Mr. Fountain wrote:>It's not a male?! Oh, sweet gods... Do you have any idea how lonely I've been? It's just... I just... *sounds like it's about to cry* I'm just so h-happy...
>SHOWUSYOURBREASTSSHOWUSYOURBREASTSSHOWUSYOURBREASTS!
>Haha... Seriously, though, pilfer through the desk over there.

...w-WHAT?! Is it that hard to grasp?? You guys don't know much about Bremin, do you? And you WHAT?? My... Uh... NO?!
I KNEW THIS WOULD GET WEIRD. I WANT TO TAKE THIS OFF NOW... b-BUT I NEED IT.



Nexeria wrote:>Um... hello there. It seems the others have taken to calling you Prota, so I guess to make it easier to know who's talking I'll give myself a name. You can call me Rozz.
>Might you explain to us what it is you're doing here? Specifically, why do you want our amulet?

There are so many voices in here. It's hard to focus on one or tell you apart, "Rozz". And what I'm doing here... would take a very long time to explain, and I haven't the energy. For now I'll just say that I needed "infinite knowledge" and you... well, you were explained in something I read that you could impart wisdom from across many ages. I sincerely hope you haven't lost any of it.



Thade wrote:>WEIRD RABBIT THING. I DEMAND THAT YOU ahh fuck it. You're not buying it.
>Anyway, I sincerely apologize for my colleges. They are idiots.
>Please provide name, species, date of birth, Social Security number, and mother's maiden name to guard against future plot twists.
>Then, yeah. Loot the desk thing.

I... what? You... seem at least partially sane. Are you the one from before? I can't tell, there are so many of you talking at once. It's starting to give me a headache.
As for me, I am a Bremin, not a rabbit! I don't know when I was born. My what? And my mother? To guard against...? These are some odd questions, man. What's the interrogation for? I think my name is good enough, and it certainly isn't "Prota".
It's... uh, my name is... I... can't seem to remember it! And it's not just my name, it feels like there are gaps in my memory! I can't even remember the name of the town I was in yesterday! What did this damn amulet do to me??



[PLEASE INPUT A NAME:>_]
avatar
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Posts : 145
Join date : 2015-01-09
Age : 26
Location : At a box factory, Kaunas, Lithuania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Fi Skirata on Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:44 am

>You're name.... it wasn't "Lahja" by chance, was it?
>If not, We'll keep callng you Prota, until you remember who you are.
>It's short for "protagonist", if that makes you feel any better. You're the hero of this story! Maybe. We hope.

_________________
avatar
Fi Skirata
Knight

Posts : 883
Join date : 2015-01-08
Age : 23
Location : Despair Academy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Mr. Fountain on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:44 am

>Even if she's not the hero, we shall guide her and support her in her endeavors no matter how terrible that might be!
>Anyway, about that jewel...
>TAKE IT OFF AND YOU'LL DIE!! YOUR SOUL WILL BE TORN ASUNDER AND SCATTERED ACROSS THE ENDLESS TORRENT OF THE EVERDREAM! 
>*cough* Yep. That'll happen, Prota. Not that it's a threat or anything. It's kind of automatic, we have no control over it. We'd prefer it if you kept wearing it.


Last edited by Mr. Fountain on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Seulete sui et seulete vueil estre.

Mr. Finale wrote:"Fountain you give SHIT relationship advice."

Mr. Fountain wrote:"No, I don't. You just date shit people."
avatar
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Posts : 958
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Judecca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Nexeria on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:54 am

>Yeah, uh, don't take off the amulet. No telling what'll happen.
>As for your memories, all I can really say is "infinite knowledge" comes at a price. You'll most likely forget many things about yourself, but there's a slight chance you'll come to remember them sooner or later... hopefully.
>Anyways...
>Wow, I really thought you were a guy this whole time, you should really wear something that shows off your figure more. Shrouds make it difficult to tell.

_________________

"I definitely have character arcs in mind for each character unless I kill them." - Robert Kirkman

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place, and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part."
avatar
Nexeria
Esquire

Posts : 392
Join date : 2015-01-11
Age : 102
Location : Fucked

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Mr. Fountain on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:16 pm

>Oh, hey, I'm suddenly reminded about something...
>You see Ha'med in the other room? He still shambling around in there? I always liked him...

_________________
Seulete sui et seulete vueil estre.

Mr. Finale wrote:"Fountain you give SHIT relationship advice."

Mr. Fountain wrote:"No, I don't. You just date shit people."
avatar
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Posts : 958
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Judecca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Seccom-Masada on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:52 pm

[COMMAND NOT RECOGNIZED]
[PLEASE INPUT A NAME:>_]


You keep asking me to check the desk, so I move over to it. There's a chair so I might as well sit down for a while. I didn't realize how exhausted I was until now. Being thrown around by a skeleton and blown to bits from what I think was that black powder stuff the Rutamani like to hoard would probably do that. I drag the axe over too just in-case. Not like I can fight or anything, though.



Mr. Finale wrote:>You're name.... it wasn't "Lahja" by chance, was it?
>If not, We'll keep callng you Prota, until you remember who you are.
>It's short for "protagonist", if that makes you feel any better. You're the hero of this story! Maybe. We hope.

Lahja? I don't think so. That sounds like a Northern Bremin name, and there aren't many Northerners on Harik-Nadima.
And hero? Heh... I don't think a bookstore desk clerk turned royal-employed vagabond is qualified for much heroics.



I start opening drawers on the desk, giving it a thorough once-over.
Other than some old, flaky parchment and a broken quill, it appears to be empty. It sure does look expensive, though.

Mr. Fountain wrote:>Even if she's not the hero, we shall guide her and support her in her endeavors no matter how terrible that might be!
>Anyway, about that jewel...
>TAKE IT OFF AND YOU'LL DIE!! YOUR SOUL WILL BE TORN ASUNDER AND SCATTERED ACROSS THE ENDLESS TORRENT OF THE EVERDREAM!
>*cough* Yep. That'll happen, Prota. Not that it's a threat or anything. It's kind of automatic, we have no control over it. We'd prefer it if you kept wearing it.

Uh, yeah. That actually will happen if I take it off before it has a chance to adjust, but since you said you'd guide me in my endeavors I think I'm feeling much better about having a bunch of half-raving voices in my head. Greatness tends to have a touch of madness, the old tall ones at the archives would sometimes say. Also I'm fairly certain "Prota" isn't my name, if that leaves any clues.



Nexeria wrote:
>Yeah, uh, don't take off the amulet. No telling what'll happen.
>As for your memories, all I can really say is "infinite knowledge" comes at a price. You'll most likely forget many things about yourself, but there's a slight chance you'll come to remember them sooner or later... hopefully.
>Anyways...
>Wow, I really thought you were a guy this whole time, you should really wear something that shows off your figure more. Shrouds make it difficult to tell.

Hm. I guess my memory can't be helped for now; I had a feeling something like that would happen. And yes, I am female. Also my "figure" doesn't need any showing. Usually if you see a Bremin, the most logical thing is to assume it's female. Our men are actually... small, weak, and sickly. Usually.

Suppose I could take the shroud off. I shouldn't be wearing it anyway. It's not even the season for dust storms.
I undo the string and it falls into the floor behind the chair I'm in. I then stand up.

There. Is it more obvious, now? Is your "figure quota" met? Can we get on to more pressing matters now?

avatar
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Posts : 145
Join date : 2015-01-09
Age : 26
Location : At a box factory, Kaunas, Lithuania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Fi Skirata on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:07 pm

>Name Input: Licia

_________________
avatar
Fi Skirata
Knight

Posts : 883
Join date : 2015-01-08
Age : 23
Location : Despair Academy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Megantron on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:08 pm

>Name input: Bianca

_________________
Make sure to kiss your knuckles before you punch me in the face.

avatar
Megantron
Esquire

Posts : 478
Join date : 2015-01-27
Age : 23
Location : Flo Rida

View user profile http://www.hauntingsss.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Fi Skirata on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:11 pm

>He's only half right. You're not completely doomed. We do have infinite knowledge. Our kind call it... "Goo Gull"

_________________
avatar
Fi Skirata
Knight

Posts : 883
Join date : 2015-01-08
Age : 23
Location : Despair Academy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Mr. Fountain on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:17 pm

>Yes... We shall help young Licia... We'll show her the way... Heheh... With our guidance, we'll lead her to fame and glory! She'll command a thousand armies and a hundred navies! STRANGERS WILL BOW AT HER SHADOW AND DEIFY HER NAME! AHAHAHA!
>*cough*
>Oh, hey, I'm suddenly reminded about something...
>You see Ha'med in the other room? He still shambling around in there? I always liked him...

_________________
Seulete sui et seulete vueil estre.

Mr. Finale wrote:"Fountain you give SHIT relationship advice."

Mr. Fountain wrote:"No, I don't. You just date shit people."
avatar
Mr. Fountain
Knight

Posts : 958
Join date : 2015-01-07
Age : 23
Location : Judecca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Seccom-Masada on Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:22 am

[COMMAND ACCEPTED.]

Bianca... Iveta... Ca... Wait! Now I remember! My name is Licia! Licia Yilanoff. You guys can call me Prota if you really want to, though. It's a name from Anija, some city-state on the northern continent my brother always goes on about. Well, foster brother, anyway. I have a Breminnese name too, but I forgot it.

Oh! Speaking of my brother, he's actually supposed to be here with me. I... sorta ran off ahead of him. Eh, he'll find his way; I left him the map.

Thade wrote:>Sickly? Okay, first off, you're being like totally super sexist right now????
>No, kidding. But if we're what passes for 'infinite knowledge' nowadays you're pretty much doomed. No joke.
>Finally, I hereby christen you... DAMMIT FISH.
>Ok fine. What he said.

Sexist? Hah! Man, have you ever even SEEN a male bremin? They're damn tiny, they get sick VERY easily, and they're about as strong as a human child. Usually. Not always, but they are enough for the tribals to over-protectively hoard them away. The fact that even I've only ever seen ONE aught to emphasize my point. By human standards, WE are effectively the men.
Heh, also your confidence in yourself is very reassuring.



Mr. Finale wrote:>He's only half right. You're not completely doomed. We do have infinite knowledge. Our kind call it... "Goo Gull"

Not completely doomed? Just how doomed am I?
And Goo Gull? Color me intrigued. What sort of magic is that?



Mr. Fountain wrote:>Yes... We shall help young Licia... We'll show her the way... Heheh... With our guidance, we'll lead her to fame and glory! She'll command a thousand armies and a hundred navies! STRANGERS WILL BOW AT HER SHADOW AND DEIFY HER NAME! AHAHAHA!
>*cough*
>Oh, hey, I'm suddenly reminded about something...
>You see Ha'med in the other room? He still shambling around in there? I always liked him...

I like the way this one thinks.
Hm... weeeeell, an army would be nice if you could manage. The notoriety and deification I could probably live without, though.
An army and quite a bit of money...
Huh? Ha'med? Are you talking about the skeleton? Yeah, I'm fairly certain he's a pile of ash by now.



Last edited by Seccom-Masada on Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Seccom-Masada
Esquire

Posts : 145
Join date : 2015-01-09
Age : 26
Location : At a box factory, Kaunas, Lithuania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Nexeria on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:21 am

>Wow, you got a really nice body, I can't believe you hid it under that robe the entire time.
>Wait a second, you killed Ha'med?! Why?! That guy always had the best stories...

_________________

"I definitely have character arcs in mind for each character unless I kill them." - Robert Kirkman

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place, and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part."
avatar
Nexeria
Esquire

Posts : 392
Join date : 2015-01-11
Age : 102
Location : Fucked

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Masada's Story Time Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum